Monday, January 24, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Well it is half way into January and the first self imposed project is one ball away from possible being done. I only say possibly because I added two leaves to the pattern and I am almost certain I have enough yarn, almost. Even after I have done the math I always tend to feel as maybe I didn't plug in the numbers right and there for will be horribly short on yarn. Then again I have that feeling when ever I do math.
The first night was for getting a gauge swatch done, and by the second I had two leaves done.
As of this afternoon I have nineteen leaves finished and only five more to go. I think this is a lovely beginner's lace project and can be adjusted for width or length with no trouble.
In case you are wondering the yellow string in the above picture is where I will need to rip back if I don't have enough yarn for the extra leaves.