Monday, January 24, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Well it is half way into January and the first self imposed project is one ball away from possible being done. I only say possibly because I added two leaves to the pattern and I am almost certain I have enough yarn, almost. Even after I have done the math I always tend to feel as maybe I didn't plug in the numbers right and there for will be horribly short on yarn. Then again I have that feeling when ever I do math.
The first night was for getting a gauge swatch done, and by the second I had two leaves done.
As of this afternoon I have nineteen leaves finished and only five more to go. I think this is a lovely beginner's lace project and can be adjusted for width or length with no trouble.
In case you are wondering the yellow string in the above picture is where I will need to rip back if I don't have enough yarn for the extra leaves.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
OK I did not reach my New Years Resolution by a long shot. Mainly I kept thinking I have plenty of time no need to rush. Then all of a sudden it was October... sigh. Also why there has been no blog post for almost a year. I am most shammed in this.
This year I will be following Yarn Harlot's example by doing a self imposed monthly knitting project club. (Yes I know she did just socks, but I don't knit socks that fast)
I have already picked out the patterns and the yarns to go with them.
In no particular order:
(p.s. pattern links are Ravelry links unless I can find one elsewhere on the web)
- Tilting Tardis - Knit Picks Gloss in Dusk
- Jaywalkers - Berroco Comfort Sock in Beachhouse
- Veyla - Knit Picks Palette in Forest Heather
- Grown-Up Booties - Knit Picks Shamrock in Quinn
- Damson - Malabrigo in Archangel
- Earl Grey - Knit Picks Bare Superwash Fingerweight
- Anastasia Socks - Miss BabsWindsor Hand Painted Sock Yarn in Nell
- Lavalette - Knit Picks Shadow in Oregon Coast
- Saroyan - Karabella Aurora 8 in Denim Blue (don't know the color name)
- Citron - Malabrigo Lace in Blue Surf
- Snuggly Neck Warmer - Jojoland Superwash Melody in MS16 (non Ravelry picturelink)
- Knitter's Handy Carry All Kit - Knit Picks Wool of Andes Bulky in Oregano and Emerald
- *Reserve*Simple Sock in Three Sizes - Knit Picks Felici in Schooner
I have a pattern in reserve because I don't know how long the Carry all Bag is going to take me to finish as I am about half done on it. I promised my husband that it would get on the list as the kit was a birthday present from him. That he gave me in 2009... :) oops.
To break it down: 4 pairs of socks, 4 shawls, 2 cowls, 1 pair of gloves, and 1 bag.
I have two days to figure out if it will be a mystery grab bag or a scheduled list. I am leaning towards mystery grab bag, but I know I want to work on Saroyan first.
I know what I'll do. I will bag all the patterns with appropriate yarn and then:
The rotation will be : shawl, sock, then misc. My husband agreed to pick the next projects so I don't look and cheat as to which shawl, sock, or misc. project I pick.
All but one fit into the basket and I figured since I wanted to start with the Saroyan Shawl I would just leave that one on top. It also is the biggest bag as it has four balls of yarn in it.
So here is to the New Year 2011!!!
Sunday, January 03, 2010
This year my resolution is going to be knitting orientated.
- Knit five pairs of socks, one pair being for hubby.
- Knit at least two lace scarves.