OK I did not reach my New Years Resolution by a long shot. Mainly I kept thinking I have plenty of time no need to rush. Then all of a sudden it was October... sigh. Also why there has been no blog post for almost a year. I am most shammed in this.
This year I will be following Yarn Harlot's example by doing a self imposed monthly knitting project club. (Yes I know she did just socks, but I don't knit socks that fast)
I have already picked out the patterns and the yarns to go with them.
In no particular order:
(p.s. pattern links are Ravelry links unless I can find one elsewhere on the web)
- Tilting Tardis - Knit Picks Gloss in Dusk
- Jaywalkers - Berroco Comfort Sock in Beachhouse
- Veyla - Knit Picks Palette in Forest Heather
- Grown-Up Booties - Knit Picks Shamrock in Quinn
- Damson - Malabrigo in Archangel
- Earl Grey - Knit Picks Bare Superwash Fingerweight
- Anastasia Socks - Miss BabsWindsor Hand Painted Sock Yarn in Nell
- Lavalette - Knit Picks Shadow in Oregon Coast
- Saroyan - Karabella Aurora 8 in Denim Blue (don't know the color name)
- Citron - Malabrigo Lace in Blue Surf
- Snuggly Neck Warmer - Jojoland Superwash Melody in MS16 (non Ravelry picturelink)
- Knitter's Handy Carry All Kit - Knit Picks Wool of Andes Bulky in Oregano and Emerald
- *Reserve*Simple Sock in Three Sizes - Knit Picks Felici in Schooner
I have a pattern in reserve because I don't know how long the Carry all Bag is going to take me to finish as I am about half done on it. I promised my husband that it would get on the list as the kit was a birthday present from him. That he gave me in 2009... :) oops.
To break it down: 4 pairs of socks, 4 shawls, 2 cowls, 1 pair of gloves, and 1 bag.
I have two days to figure out if it will be a mystery grab bag or a scheduled list. I am leaning towards mystery grab bag, but I know I want to work on Saroyan first.
I know what I'll do. I will bag all the patterns with appropriate yarn and then:
The rotation will be : shawl, sock, then misc. My husband agreed to pick the next projects so I don't look and cheat as to which shawl, sock, or misc. project I pick.
All but one fit into the basket and I figured since I wanted to start with the Saroyan Shawl I would just leave that one on top. It also is the biggest bag as it has four balls of yarn in it.
So here is to the New Year 2011!!!