Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year, another go.



OK I did not reach my New Years Resolution by a long shot. Mainly I kept thinking I have plenty of time no need to rush. Then all of a sudden it was October... sigh. Also why there has been no blog post for almost a year. I am most shammed in this.

This year I will be following Yarn Harlot's example by doing a self imposed monthly knitting project club. (Yes I know she did just socks, but I don't knit socks that fast)
I have already picked out the patterns and the yarns to go with them.
In no particular order:
(p.s. pattern links are Ravelry links unless I can find one elsewhere on the web)


I have a pattern in reserve because I don't know how long the Carry all Bag is going to take me to finish as I am about half done on it. I promised my husband that it would get on the list as the kit was a birthday present from him. That he gave me in 2009... :) oops.

To break it down: 4 pairs of socks, 4 shawls, 2 cowls, 1 pair of gloves, and 1 bag.
I have two days to figure out if it will be a mystery grab bag or a scheduled list. I am leaning towards mystery grab bag, but I know I want to work on Saroyan first.

I know what I'll do. I will bag all the patterns with appropriate yarn and then:


The rotation will be : shawl, sock, then misc. My husband agreed to pick the next projects so I don't look and cheat as to which shawl, sock, or misc. project I pick.

All but one fit into the basket and I figured since I wanted to start with the Saroyan Shawl I would just leave that one on top. It also is the biggest bag as it has four balls of yarn in it.

So here is to the New Year 2011!!!

No comments: