Monday, February 20, 2006

Jumping for joy

I recently decided to get one of Cat Bordhi books, "A Treasury of Magical Knitting". It is all about knitting all kinds of Moebius patterns. From scarves, shawls, hats, felted boots, and capes. :)

I loved the projects that she has inside, and couldn't wait to try one for myself. So in search of the right lenght circular needles... almost all of the projects can be done with circular needles at 60" in length.
I found Addi Turbo needles and I love them.

For my first project I ended up doing the Snuggler Scarf pattern. Now keep in mind this is the first time I have used circular needles, and yeah I thought that maybe this woud not be the ideal project for me to start on.
So for the past week I have been practicing the casting on techniqe, because in is not your normal cast on. So tonight I decided to stop practicing and cast on (100 sts) and then keep going.... so I did... and two and a half hours later I am only four rows away form finishing, but it will have to wait for tomorrow. Tired hands ya know. Can't wait though. :) :)

No comments: