Monday, January 05, 2009

Finish line in sight

OK I have only 4 1/2 " left on the second sock then I do the picot edging and I am all done. I have been busting my fingers to get it done ever since my husband mentioned "hey didn't you start the
other one this past summer". He was right, I looked up my start date and I began this pair in June.

There is a joke between us because I promised him the next pair would be his. I will be making them from scratch rather than a pattern per say, because well his feet are longer than mine. I just hope I have enough yarn. My math made sense at the time but I have not double checked it since I bought the yarn. They will be made from KnitPicks Essential Sock Yarn in colorway# 24028 Carbon Twist.
I will be using the Basic Sock Recipe from Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I don't think that would be technically a pattern. If I am wrong then Stephanie please forgive my knitting impudence. Just don't take away my sock yarn, please just not that.

No comments: